The British Institute of Interior Design has announced that President, Sue Timney, will sit on the judging panel for this year’s prestigious Ideal Home Show Blue Ribbon Awards.
The Ideal Home Show has re-launched its traditional Blue Ribbon Awards, which date back to the 1960’s and were traditionally run to identify and celebrate good design and innovation in architecture. The re-launched award scheme will give home builders, housing associations, developers, architects, and designers, the chance to be awarded with a mark of excellence in the house building industry. It reflects the Ideal Home Show’s on-going commitment to supporting development and innovation in the housebuilding sector.
Sue will join a variety of industry experts on the panel. These include Angela Brady, RIBA President; Hank Dittmar, CEO Prince’s Foundation for Building Community; George Clarke, George Clarke & Associates; David Hills, Partner DSDHA; Gary Lewis, Chair CEDIA & Director of Cornflake; Ted Stevens, Chair, National Self Build Association; Oliver Novakovic, Director, Building Futures Group BRE and David Bryant, Chairman, New Homes Marketing Board.
Award categories for 2013 cover the following areas:
1. Ideal Home of the Year: Under £250,000, £250,000 – £500,00, over £500,000
2. Ideal Apartment Home of the Year
3. Conversion / Refurbishment of the Year
4. Housing Development of the Year
5. Housing Architect of the Year
6. House builder of the Year
7. Developer of the Year
8. Outdoor Communal Space of the Year
9. Interior Design of the Year
10. High Tech Home of the Year
11. Self-Build development of the Year
The winners will be announced at a gala ceremony to be held at the Ideal Home Show on the 20thMarch.