16.4 C
Saturday, June 25, 2022

SBID Launches Product Design Awards

The Society of British and International Design (SBID) has announced the launch of its Product Design Awards celebrating the finest design, innovation and functionality for products within the residential and commercial interior design sectors.


Now open for entries from around the globe, the competition invites product, industrial and interior designers, as well as manufacturers and suppliers, to propose original products realised in the last two years across 17 categories: Accessories; Bathroom Product; Brassware; Cabinetry & Joinery; Fabric & Textiles; Furniture – Contract; Furniture – Residential; Heating & Cooling; Ironmongery & Metalwork; Kitchen Product; Leisure & Wellbeing; Lighting; Outdoor; Sanitaryware; Sound & Vision; and Surfaces & Finishes.



Entries close Friday, 13 March 2020, with winners chosen via a three-part process. A technical judging panel evaluates entries’ professional merit and determines the finalists to be announced 9 April. From this selection, a jury representing a broad range of design skills and connections will decide 70 per cent of the winners’ scores, with the remaining 30 per cent the result of an online public vote that will be live until 30 April.



Truly extraordinary industry experts will lend their insights and experience to the SBID Product Awards’ judging panel, including Vasiliki Petrou, Group CEO and Executive Vice President, Unilever Prestige; Jeff Ning, President, Wanda Hotels and Resorts; Can Tufekcioglu, Principal Interior Designer, Arcadis; Trevor Cotterell, Managing Director, Areen; Kar-Hwa Ho, Head of Interior Architecture, Zaha Hadid Architects; Gary Clark, Principal, regional leader of science and technology, HOK London Studio; Henry Reeve, Director of Interior Design, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG); Heinz Richardson, Principal, Jestico + Whiles Architects and Designers; Letitia Fitzgibbon, Head of Interior Design, Harrods Interior Design; Herbert Lui, Partner, Dexter Moren Associates; and Vanja Garaj, Head of Design, Department of Design, Brunel University London.



In the glamorous setting of Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London, Friday, 5 June 2020, the awards ceremony will be an exceptional opportunity to celebrate the very best in global product design while mingling with top-tier industry leaders from across the world.


Related Articles

Stay Connected

  • – Subscribe –

Latest Articles

%d bloggers like this: